A random girl's random gymnastics ramblings.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

my heart soars with the eagles nest...

 Now, I'm not going to be one of "those people" who walks around saying stuff like "Oh, Britney Spears?  Psssh.  I never listen to that crap.  I'm not really into any of that radio stuff.  I only listen to obscure B sides from Guster..."  I danced around and sang to Britney, and I still do.

I was always a fan of this song, and I'm not sure why.  I don't think I even understand what she's saying.  But I thought the video was sassy, and at the time (circa 2004-ish?) I thought her hair was just fab.  So, in one of Spanny Tampson's top ten BEST ideas, I decided to bring a picture of her from this video down to my hair salon. 

It was bad news.

I don't know what I was thinking.  I thought this...


 ...would be a good look for me.  It was not.  

Fro City.

Despite that nightmare, I still like the song.  So I thought it would be fancy to use it for my Mag 7 montage. 



This just furthers my belief that I will forever be obsessed with the 1996 Olympic team.  And maybe Britney Spears.

*OH*  And I'd also like to give a shout-out to Coach Rick over at http://gymnasticscoaching.com.  He has plugged my blog on his site twice now, which in turn has bumped my views from like five to five hundred!  I've been a fan of his site for a long time, as it always has some of the best gym info out there.  But I'm sure you all know that, since you came from over there anyway.  So here's a big WHAT WHAT to Coach Rick!

1 comment:

  1. Ew. Bela, Nunno and Brit in one montage. Not your best work, Fishie, not your best work.

    But the other ones are freakin awesome! Especially the Marta Team and the 2000 tore my heart ones.

    ReplyDelete